ProWriting Aid Editor

Writing Improvement Software

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review 3 Days in Paradise

GINGER'S SPICE
Flavored Reviews from the Indie Universe
by Ginger Gelsheimer

3 Days in Paradise 
by Chameleon Author









Hold on for a deep journey!

Brief synopsis: Dani is tormented by guilt from a secret from her past.  After a terrible accident, she must come to terms with that guilt. Things on not what they seem to be as she travels through this journey, or are they?

First, I loved, loved , loved the prologue! What a fun way for the author to connect with the reader.
I read 3 Days in Paradise in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. The pace was fantastic and it made you want to read just a little more. I was tired too, so that means a lot in my case. The author did a fantastic job at creating a sense that something was wrong without giving too much away.

Originality: I thought the story was creative and well done, especially given the deep subject matter. There were several twists I never saw coming.

Characters: The characters were well developed and likable.  I cared about Dani and what she was going through and even after just the prologue, I had to know what happened to her.  I felt the dialogue was natural and flowed well in the story.

Recommendation: This book goes well with a hot blueberry muffin and a glass of cold milk because it will be comforting when you’re done. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading 3 Days in Paradise and would highly recommend it.

-Ginger

p.s. If you liked this blog, please click the +1 button just below here so others can find it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment