ProWriting Aid Editor

Writing Improvement Software

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Music does make the world go around... or at least gets me off me arse!



So, this one is short and sweet but I thought worth sharing if it helps anyone else out there.

As a full time writer, it's easy to stay in pajamas all day sipping coffee or wine, and I've definitely had my share of those days. They were fun days, don't get me wrong...

...UNTIL I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR NAKED!

"Who the hell is that?"  I asked myself. A good fifteen pounds had become a parasite. With summer right around the corner, I have to do something quick.

I've worked out off and on over my 41 years, but the staying on never seems to happen-oh, except for the pounds. Right about the time I get 3 to 5 pounds from where I want to be, something else takes over, and six month or a year later, I get to start all over again. 

So, here I go AGAIN.

This time, I get up in the morning and I have my coffee-not giving that one up folks. BUT, then I turn on music, and I mean CRANK the music by 9:00 to 9:30 am. I can't help but move...dance.

I have several pieces of work out equipment in a room facing my kitchen...convenient, I have to stare at it if I am grabbing some fat, high-calorie, delicious chocolate thing...anyway, now when a favorite song comes on, I jump on my equipment for that song. It's great, this way I don't feel like a slug, refusing my workout calling for the day, and I don't have to commit to a long period of time that I never seem to have. Some days, I pick a song and every time that song comes on, I have to get on the equipment for the duration. It's amazing how much they repeat top hits! It's like a drinking game, only healthy!

1 week, 2 days, 3 pounds down.

-Ginger

p.s. if you enjoyed this post, please click the g+1 button below here, so that others may enjoy it too, and go play some music!!!




5 comments:

  1. I too have several pieces of gym equipment... but they are buried under all my notes which I have carefully filed under "I've got a great idea..."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just snorted when I laughed, Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! Love to dance to Pharrell's Happy! (I did the Google + thing but since I'm a total noob with it I don't know what happened. grrrr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song does make you dance and smile doesn't it? How can you not! Oh and don't worry, Cece, I will get everyone on board the Google+ ship!

      Delete
  4. Music provides a similar benefit I find when on a long, long drive. Just power up Golden Earring's "Radar Love" and the miles just seem to fade away faster in the rear view mirror :)

    ReplyDelete