ProWriting Aid Editor

Writing Improvement Software

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Write Place: Author Showcase: Ginger Gelsheimer and Christina K...




So, this post has sort of morphed into a journal where I can share my favorite things, random things, and strange things with you.

It started with this..

Christina and I were featured on Author Showcase by Chameleon Author...




The Write Place: Author Showcase: Ginger Gelsheimer and Christina K...:      Quest of the Hybrid by Ginger Gelsheimer and Christina Keats is the first book in the Aurora Conspiracy Trilogy. Nineteen-year-...

Then I thought it would be fun to share some other things with you...

Come write with me - sometimes when I am working on one of my latest projects, I will post the link to the Google doc here. If you click it, you can actually come into my "writing patio" and see what I am working on real time. The words could even change on the page before you!  Enter Ginger's writing patio!


My favorite song


So, I was listening to Counting Stars by One Republic the other day and it occurred that it was written for me! If you did know me, I'm can imagine that you would agree!

Here are the lyrics Counting Stars by OneRepublic.

Oh yeah, and I like coffee with my cream! Love my Keurig!

My favorite videos - and Sam Claflin could be a good cast for Marcus in Quest of the Hybrid with his smile! He just need to give him some shaggy dark hair!




My favorite celebrities - How could I forget to mention that I am a Johnny Depp fanatic? I fell in love with the guy when he played the preppie Glen in Nightmare on Elm Street. He is like fine wine...



My art work-

This is a charcoal drawing I did years ago on 16x20 paper


I love Dali. This is an oil painting I am working on in his honor  "Tribute".



These beauties are from my garden!




So, I find it interesting that there are so many different flavors of cat and dog food at the store. Hmmmmm...last time I checked Fido wasn't doing the grocery shopping. Although, I will say that my black lab Arnold does not like lamb.


I love Lindsey Stirling! I had no idea you could even play a violin the way she does! She's amazing!




I like to spell the color that is made with white and black as grey! You will notice that in all of my books.

I figured it was time to share this recipe because it is one of my favorite ways to grill chicken and I'm pretty darn good on the grill...just sayin'


Key West Chicken


Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons of soy sauce (less salty is fine)
1-Tablespoon honey
1-Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
1-teaspoon lime juice
1-teaspoon chopped garlic (yes I cheat on garlic and buy the organic minced in a jar)
however many skinless, boneless chicken breasts up to 4 breast halves

Directions:


In a shallow bowl, or even a 1 gallon zip lock bag, mix all of the ingredients. Trim the breast halves of fat and cut desired proportions. Marinate the chicken for an hour, making sure to turn halfway through if necessary to coat all sides. 

Heat grill for direct heat. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes then flip and pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes and flip again, but turn horizontally to add crisscrossed grill marks. Flip again in 2-3 minutes and continue this process until chicken is cooked thoroughly to 165 degrees.

Remove chicken from grill, drizzle with your favorite cheese if you desire and wrap in aluminum foil for 2-3 minutes.

Sometimes, I throw the chicken on a bun and have as a sandwich, sometimes I mix with rice. You can also use a meat tenderizer to thin out the breasts for the sandwiches. I leave them thick most of the time!



OKAY - so this revelation is the coolest thing ever for me! It's been there for some time, but I finally expressed it in words. I make a living at helping others follow their dreams! I can't ask for anything better than that! If you haven't already, check out my site at www.authorscave.com where creative people like to hang out. I'm always there!




Look at this beauty from my garden! Beautiful butterfly!




This is the best gift I can give you guys! Here is a shooting star that you can wish upon each day! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!




I'm so excited to have finally put a trailer together for one of my books! Here it is for The Dark Days series - Inspired by The Hunger Games prequel. Would love to know what you think!




Here is a fun tribute I did to Steven Spielberg when asked by Jaipdeep at Goodreads who I would like to live 1 day in the life of!

So, my mother took me to see this crazy villain when I was a kid and I have been scared of him for 30+ years!



So this year, I faced my fears and entered the Michael Myers' Halloween haunted house at Universal! Here is the entrance, pay close attention to the upstairs windows. They did a fantastic job with the haunted house and at one point there was an open room with 10 or 12 lurking Michael's with raised butcher knives. For the cherry on top, they had one last Michael waiting outside after you exited the house to scare the beejesus out of you! If he had not gotten the people in front of us, I would have peed my pants for sure! 



Way to go Tampa Bay Lightning on your 5-1 win over the Detroit Redwings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Round 1 Playoffs! Had awesome seats right off the glass! Excellent game full of fights and points! Just how I like 'em in hockey!


What a great Sunday! Super productive this morning, but taking a break watching O Brother Where Art Thou?  I can't help but sing with these guys every time I watch this scene!  Love it!



What is your scariest experience? 

Is it...



or...


Bless you Johnny Depp! I loved you when you were just Glen!

My most terrifying moment was being trapped in a severe lightning storm with my daughter who was about 2 and my ex. We had hiked up about a mile in Pikesville, Kentucky and it was a beautiful day. All of the sudden, bolts were crashing down around us and the only thing other than us were the trees. Thank you Pat and Ron Saros for coming to our rescue!... many times!


Check back often for more deep thoughts and entertaining things! 

-Ginger

p.s. if you enjoyed this post, please click the +1 below here, or reshare so others can enjoy it, too!

2 comments:

  1. That is cool! Most people don't have the attention span to read long posts. Bite sized works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete